Tuesday, June 14, 2011

new name, same blog


Just wanted to write a quick note to let everyone know that the blog formerly known as Or Maybe Eisenstein Should Just Relax is now Movie Montage. As much as I loved my old name it only recently dawned on me (I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed) that while what I post here should fall under fair use (or I'm good about giving credit where credit is due, at least) having song lyrics from a modern work as the shining searchlight for my blog is probably not the greatest idea. I occupy a rather specific and small corner of the internet so while I doubt it would ever be a problem it just seemed like the thing to do. I also don't want some menacing fellow with a baseball bat and a double breasted suit to take me out to the ballgame under the sea, so to speak. With the new name I have no such worries, it still retains links to Eisenstein and to editing, and identifies this blog from the start with film. I also admit to deriving pleasure from alliteration, and my vanity loves the sound of Meredith of Movie Montage. It makes me feel more important than I actually am.

So sorry to confuse everyone once again with all these changes, I think after this the dust will finally have settled.

8 comments:

  1. Great new name! I must say the old name did inspire me to listen to some Jack Johnson that I might not have listened to otherwise. Also this post made me laugh because I'm planning a post about a fella with a bat and suit. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent Meredith of Movie Montage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tom! I'm always happy to point people to Jack Johnson, I just don't want to direct his representatives to me. haha. If only I had come up with the phrase myself but alas, I did not. That sounds like a mighty intriguing post, excited to read it.

    And Matthew can I secure your services repeating that phrase in a loud booming voice with a sweeping hand gesture to match, preferably while wearing a top hat, every time I make a post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new name! I completely understand about the lyrics in the title - when I first started my blog it didn't have a name, but lyrics were where I looked at first. Even now I worry The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower isn't legit for some reason. Not that George Axelrod would probably mind or anything, but there are other people who use it for things too (someone took the .com, the Facebook address, there's a clothing designer I think that has the name) so it makes me feel less original on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new title (also loved the old one. Both were excellent. haha)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casee-I love your name! Doubt it would ever be a problem in either of our cases, but it's such an easy change aside from the confusion switching mid stream might cause that I thought might as well.

    Always good to have the Millie stamp of approval :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new title and I also loved the old one. Both were excellent. And by the way, my family and I always watch a movie by using projector every weekend, because it is much more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kerry that sounds like so much fun! What a great way to watch a film.

    ReplyDelete