Sunday, May 8, 2011

Link Love #1

Recently I've been inspired by several blogs either devoted to links or featuring occasional spotlights to start one of my own. I know I appreciate it when others enjoy what I write enough to share, whether it be through posts, facebook, twitter, or in awards, and I want to share in that sense of community in a more active way. Possibly once a month, will see how things go. Will also include other items of interest, mainly film related but I make no promises.


Posts
  • The severely underrated Gerald's latest installment of the monthly series Ten Random Thoughts on the Tenth. Few are more insightful in so few words.
  • On the theme of less is more Clara's series of classic film haikus are all worth a look. My favorite is still her take on Breakfast at Tiffany's.
  • Speaking of Audrey Hepburn, one of the nicest bloggers around, Casee, shares her love of the star in Our Huckleberry Friend: Remembering Audrey Hepburn, focusing on the real woman behind the twisted style icon facade.
  • I love how Kendra takes her love of the Oliviers outside the internet in the people she meets, the places she goes and the event she has planned that I wish I could attend! Recently Kendra visited Tickerage Mill, home of Vivien Leigh, and shared her adventure.
  • In the spirit of the day Heather's lovely post about pen pals and parental love, Trudy

Also of Interest
  • Issue #72 of Bright Lights Cinema Journal is out!
  • Cannes begins next Wednesday. View a few of their beautiful posters from the past here
  • Love Russian Cinema? Mosfilm is now offering free access to over 500 films for free. Happy viewing! Also filed under perks of being friends with your former professors on Facebook, as I would not have found this otherwise.
  • Fantastic Science Friday featuring Werner Herzog, Cormac McCarthy and Lawrence Krauss.
  • Going to the Show: Mapping Moviegoing in North Carolina from 1896-1930. A look at the importance of space to film outside of the big city centers where the majority experience cinema.

Just For Fun
  • Video Montage dedicated to 'The Great Stone Face' aka Buster Keaton

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Meredith :) I really enjoyed the other links, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the sweet mention, Meredith! You're too kind, and I'll be sure to add this to my little features section of the blog. (:

    Kendra's post on her trip to Tickerage Mill was the best thing ever. I love how she's experiencing so much of Viv and Larry's lives through the places they lived. It must feel amazing.

    ReplyDelete