Tuesday, December 29, 2009

things i've learned in the past five minutes about two very different kellys

  1. Gene Kelly wore a toupe???


  2. Oh Gene, you still have the best smile any side of the Mississippi and I'm proud to attend the same University you did, this will just take me a second to get used to. Please don't hold it against me.

  3. There is footage of Grace Kelly in her casket??
In the immortal words of Stephanie on Full House, HOW RUDE. And more importantly how disrespectful. I hate coming across star in casket pictures or anyone famous really (Abraham Lincoln, anything in Hollywood Babylon) so if anyone knows which documentaries this footage appears in I would appreciate it so that I don't watch it. I'm not exactly Grace Kelly's biggest fan but this always makes me angry.

7 comments:

  1. Pictures of dead people really bother me, too. When one of my uncles died, his nephews video-taped the funeral (this was before the digital camera craze). It's bad enough being forced to walk past an open casket, but it's even worse when it's going on film. They lingered behind everyone else for a few minutes to get a close-up. Morbid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agreed. Funerals are an awful experience, I don't know why you would want to relive it. And it just seems like such an exploitation when it's someone in the public eye. A very morbid last look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I would never have guessed of Gene's toupee in a million years - though now that I think of it his hair did look too impeccably perfect.

    Poor Grace. Stars should be given the respect not to have footage of their deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me either! He was just such a vibrant and attractive man to me (not that he is now unattractive because of this) that balding just never entered my mind.

    Completely agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said!

    I completely agree.

    ...

    And I'm not the biggest fan of Grace Kelly either, but that picture of her sailing her sailboat is lovely.

    ...

    I hope you're well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is! No doubt she was a graceful creature.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I 'm so glad you could come across this site ,
    and we hope to establish good relations with you.
    greetings from me ( Seo Milanisti )
    peninggi badan | obat peninggi badan super cepat | obat peninggi badan

    pelangsing badan | obat pelangsing badan | obat pelangsing badan super cepat

    ReplyDelete