Thursday, June 18, 2009

california here i come!

Unfortunately I won't be able to visit Ethel's hometown, but I am off to California tomorrow and as such will not be around the blogosphere until my return. Even though we're mainly visiting with friends, of course I have to slip something in there that is in some way Hollywood related without attempting to steal John Wayne's footprints. So instead, we plan on going to Will Rogers State Historic Park which I am tremendously excited about due to my obsession with and wish that I could have been half of a Gable/Lombard, Stanwyck/Taylor pairing that had a beautiful sprawling horse ranch. It is my understanding that the interior of the ranch house has been preserved to look as it did in the 20s and 30s, so this may be the closest I can get without an actual time machine. I'll take it.

3 comments:

  1. Will you see the POLO?? And I wish I could go with you because California is all the fun that going to work is not. HAVE FUN BEING CLASSY &C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE "I Love Lucy"!!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Sally's Pecan Pralines are excellent (so I've heard) just follow the signs...they'll lead the way.

    ReplyDelete